Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why?

On the way home from the park today, the Spawn started asking questions.

"Why is grass?"
"Why is grass what?"
"Why is grass grass and not something else?"
"That's its nature." Note stock answer used when trying to end a line of questioning so I can concentrate not getting us killed on the road.
"What if grass looked like something else?"
"Maybe it wouldn't be grass any more."
"What if grass looked like something else but it was still really grass?"

Gods. What are the questions going to be in ten or fifteen years?

1 comment:

  1. I like that question. It's very cool. In ten to fifteen years, you'll be regretting the loss of these questions, because you'll be getting questions like "Why can't I get my ass tattooed?" and "Why can't I have the keys to the car?"

    ReplyDelete