Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thank you, Santa!

Maybe you do exist. I didn't get everything on my list, but we did get to sleep in, I got to bathe in peace, and the Spawn actually ate some breakfast. I'll take what I can get.

It was otherwise a Christmas laid-back in the extreme. I, at least, didn't talk it up all that much, except to explain the whole "present" thing and to make Christmas stockings for myself and the Spawn. She got a new doll, which she'd actually asked for, a game which I hope won't break until she tires of it, and a bunch of little bits and bobs I found at a thrift store in her stocking. Those latter were the hit of the show, of course. And I made a warm, if not terribly stylish, hat for the Better Half. Unfortunately, he was too sick to appreciate anything except sleep. Coal in his stocking would have been preferable, Santa.

The Spawn and I went to dinner at a friend's house and a good time was had by all. She had great fun playing with all the cool toys there. Other kids' toys are always more fun, aren't they? Anyhow, it was nice to be sociable for a change, even if it wasn't all three of us.

Here's hoping I don't get that cold or whatever as my belated Christmas gift....

No comments:

Post a Comment